Our business is as much about people as it is about financial statements. It’s as much about relationships as it is about fundamentals. That’s why we approach each opportunity with a balance of creativity (the art) and analytics (the smart). We call this 'the art of smart partnerships'.
Our integrative approach is a balance of creativity and analytics that’s based on four principles, or tenets, anchored by our core value, integrity.
WHAT MAKES FOR A SMART PARTNERSHIP?
The art of smart partnerships defines how we operate as Fulcrum Capital Partners. It is a balanced approach embodied in four tenets, anchored by our core value, integrity. Our values and tenets guide our behaviour, and by following them, we are able to build productive and successful long-term relationships based on trust and respect.
Our core value:
- Integrity. Integrity is our anchor and defines how we behave as a team. To us, integrity is about making the right choices. It’s about honesty and transparency. Above all, it’s about living up to the “spirit of the deal.”
Our four tenets:
- Integral. We view our stakeholders—investors, advisors, intermediaries, agents and portfolio companies—as partners, and each group is integral to our mutual success.
- Integrated. We work hard to find common ground and to integrate and align our stakeholders’ goals to ensure successful outcomes.
- Complete. We dive deeper to get a complete understanding of the companies we invest in and partner with, and go to great lengths to find creative ways to structure and execute deals that will form the basis for our partnerships for years to come.
- Consistent. We’ve built a reputation for consistency: consistency in our approach to investing; consistency in the manner we do business with our partners. We avoid what some might call “style drift” by staying focused on companies in Canada’s middle market that demonstrate a high potential for success.